HOW TO PUBLISH ON AMAZON
Is your book is at least 24 pages? If so, you can produce a softcover book:
- Sign up for free account on CreateSpace. Start here: https://www.createspace.com/
- Member agreement (requires your legal name, mentions your responsibility to pay taxes on royalties, etc. Seek lawyer’s advice if concerned).
- Start project with the book’s title—this title can be changed later (so, just get started).
- Choose setup process (go with “Guided” for step by step help along the way).
- Click on “What’s This” for more info on terms such as “Publication Date” and “ISBN”.
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number) options—this is important decision. I would save that decision until you have carefully looked over the options. I would even ask a bookstore for their advise on which way you should go on that.
- Files accepted for uploading: pdf, doc, docx, rtf.
- CreateSpace offers a “Formatted Template” to download. Cut and paste your work into it.
- Videos available along the way to further demonstrate what to do.
- “Build Your Cover Online” for free by clicking on “Launch Cover Creator” button.
- Use their cover images or upload your own (jpeg or tiff).
- Once complete, you will be given your file to create an e-book on Amazon through Kindle.
Again, if you have any questions, contact Createspace directly at: https://www.createspace.com/pub/support/contact.contactus.do